Sunday, May 5, 2013

Unfreshing Believable!


 Unfreshing believable, indeed!

Well, be still my heart!  How do you make Del Taco even better for someone watching their "eating out" fund? Or for the person who doesn't wanna cook today?  Del Taco has a new $1 and under menu!  Yes!  I've been going to Del Taco for years.  It's just a great place to stop and fill up on food and on the cheap.  To be honest, it's one of my favorite cheap eats.  Well it's getting even better.  I found out about this news on QSR Magazine  and I went straight to my local Del Taco and ogled all the cheap choices I could make:  a .50¢ mini quesadilla, a .59¢ taco, a .75¢ jacked up bean cheese and rice value burrito, a .75¢ mini BACON quesadilla, a $1 chicken taco and many other choices.  Perhaps my only issue was limiting myself on what to order.  My boyfriend, Nick and I exclusively ordered from that menu for a grand total of $5!  That's unheard of!

In addition to their Buck and Under Menu,  I took a look at their New Tastes Menu and the chili fry burrito looks tasty so that will be a future selection.  I love their chili cheese fries so I can imagine that this burrito is going to be mighty tasty! Nice upgrade Del Taco.  

By the way, if you are dieting, these new selections are the perfect portion size.  I'm dieting and I love quesadillas.  My diet does not like quesadillas but Del Taco provided the perfect compromise and I was able to enjoy a quesadilla without ruining my diet for the day.  Keep in mind this is a value menu and the size of food will obviously reflect that.  Except when it comes to the 1/2 lb bean and cheese burrito at $1! Yes!

I don't feel like cooking today...Del Taco anyone!?

Also, I came across another news item on QSR Magazine about Taco Bell trying to up their value menu as well.  Their offerings, at this point, don't seem to have the same variety in price range and settle around $1...I will be frank I have a Del Taco bias and would go to Del Taco first before even considering a trip to Taco Bell but to each his own.  

Good job Del Taco!  Also if it has been awhile, go inside your local Del Taco they have been renovating the stores one at a time and some even have one of those cool Coca-Cola Freestyle machines where you can get a multitude of different soda mixes!

 Links:




2 comments:

  1. The only thing Taco Bell has going for it are the Doritos Locos tacos. And Mountain Dew Baja Blast. Otherwise....it's Taco meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally true. They seriously need to bottle up that Baja Blast beverage!

    ReplyDelete