Sunday, May 19, 2013

Commercial Break #2: The Muppets meet McDonald's!

One of the things I used to look forward to as a child, was the reveal of the latest Happy Meal toys.  Some of these commercials still live on in my memory and whenever I go to a thrift store and happen upon some of these toys, I'm brought back.

The Happy Meal toys that have stuck with me the most vividly were the following Muppet Babies plush toys that McDonald's was giving out in the 1980's.  I believe I had Piggy and Fozzie.  I think my brother had Kermit.  To E-Bay I go, to find these again!  I loved these things and they filled my time up with all kinds of imaginary play.




Yes I am 29 and yes I want these plush toys back...sue me!  Anyway they will make bad ass Christmas decorations in my apartment!

Here's a bonus commercial for a different set of Muppet Babies toys at McDonald's!


Ah...the good old days!



No comments:

Post a Comment